Digital and CD release date: July 12, 2017
Genre: Americana, Roots, Acoustic Country
For fans of: Gillian Welch, Lucinda Williams, Secret Sisters, Natalie Merchant
- Gallows Road (2:51) This dark tale is a flip on the traditional old time theme of a man taking revenge on the woman who did him wrong.
- All My Friends Are Drunks (4:14) A song with a humorous title but serious undertones, the title inspired by the words of a family member. Beautiful, dark, gritty fiddle and haunting harmonies.
- Fire and Whiskey (2:42) A song of love, loss, and being lost. Driving, Cajun style fiddling.
- Bucket of Nails (3:50) A whimsical song about waking up out of one life and looking for another.
- The Hounds of Sheriff John (3:24) The story of Asheville’s Sheriff John Lyerly, his famous bloodhounds, and his ghost who still occasionally pays a visit.
- Good Girl (3:27) The story of a “good girl” done with being good.
- The Whiskey King (2:43) A fact based tale of Lewis Redmond, the notorious Western North Carolina moonshiner, fugitive, and local hero. The most bluegrassy tune of the bunch.
- Desdemona (4:13) Based on Shakespeare’s Othello with a Latin influenced sound.
- Lost and Alone (3:34) The name says it all. Lovely and sad. Pull someone you love close and be glad this song isn't about you.
- Caroline Shipp (3:36) The mournful lament of the last woman hanged in North Carolina in the year 1892.
- Get Your Dog Out of My Yard (2:41) A fun and catchy tune about a new love that has gone bad.
- You’re Not Coming Back (3:04) Beautiful fiddling on a bluesy song about being left behind. Fortunately the bourbon was left behind as well.